Over a billion businesses use Shopify to run their online stores. With thousands of apps in the Shopify apps store, it’s not easy to find the right app for your business.
Choosing an app to integrate with your store can be a daunting task. And so, in this blog, I have rounded up the top 15 Shopify apps that you must have to be successful
Founded in 2015, it is one of the most popular apps on the Shopify app marketplace.
It allows you to quickly import products from AliExpress and the Oberlo Marketplace to your E-commerce store. Oberlo lets you focus on your business rather than worrying about warehousing and fulfillment concerns.
- Sales and shipment tracking options in a simple-to-use dashboard.
- Inventory and pricing automation.
- Ability to change suppliers whenever you like.
- Daily product syncing
Free Trial: NO
- STARTER pack with all the dropshipping basics is FREE.
- BASIC Plan: $29.90/month
- PRO Plan: $79.90/month
Do you want to accelerate your sales instantly? If yes, then this might just be the right thing.
Sumo helps E-commerce business owners like you to find more leads, grow your email lists, increase average order value, reduce cart abandonment, convert window shoppers into customers, and more.
- Generation of unique discount codes for each user upon subscription.
- Easy drag-and-drop email form editor.
- E-commerce shortcuts to turn your visitors into customers.
- Free customer support from a dedicated customer experience team.
Free Trial: YES; 14 days for E-commerce plan.
- $39/month (if billed annually)
Do you know 26% of searches happen on Google Images? That’s why you need SEO Image Optimizer.
It is a Shopify SEO app that instigates free traffic towards your website by improving image rankings.
It optimizes your Shopify store images for Google Images search by optimizing the alt text for each image.
- One-click install to get you running in under 30 seconds.
- Automatic optimization of alt text for images on your Shopify store.
- Automatically checks new images weekly.
- Unlimited image syncing.
Free Trial: YES
- FREE Plan, as the name suggests, is forever free.
- Pro Plan: $24.99/month
The power of upselling is relentless. If you want to make more money with upsells and cross-sells, you need to get your hands on one of the best Shopify apps Bold Upsell.
It lets you show a cross-sell or upsell pop-up to your customers and helps you increase sales.
- ‘Upsell and Cross-sell’ offers on your product page or cart page.
- Automatically hide out-of-stock offers.
- Sets up offers based on products in the shopper’s cart.
- Customization of the funnel based on customer’s acceptance or declination on the previous upsell.
Free Trial: Yes, a 14-day free trial.
- Starter Plan: $9.99/month
- Plus Plan: $19.99/month
- Premium Plan: 39.99/month
- Pro Plan: $59.99/month
Supercharge your marketing with one of the robust Shopify apps Google Shopping. It integrates with Google Merchant Center to increase your store’s and products’ visibility on search engines.
With Google Smart Shopping Campaign, you can create ads and make it easy for shoppers to discover and buy your products.
- Auto syncing of products and inventory.
- Ad placement and bidding as per your daily budget.
- Creation of Smart Shopping Campaigns within minutes.
- Update product details (stock status, pricing, title, description, etc.) within 20 minutes.
Free Trial: YES, a 21-day free trial is available.
- $4.99/month: Upto 500 products
- $8.99/month: 501-1000 products
- $13.99/month: 1001-5000 products
- $17.99/month: 5001-10000 products
It is best used for E-commerce product sourcing or merchandising. Printful is one of the best Shopify apps for print-on-demand drop shipping services.
Whether your customers want a custom-themed T-shirt or printed hats, mugs, bags, etc., Printful lets you sell unique designs without having to worry about managing print shipping labels or inventory.
- Free mockup generator to create your product showcase images.
- A product catalog of more than 230 products that include clothing, home decor, accessories, and more.
- No upfront costs.
- 24/7 customer support.
Free Trial: No trials; it is a free app.
No subscription fee. However, you will have to pay fulfillment costs that depend on the products your customers purchase.
Smile.io is one of the most popular programs on the Shopify App Store. It helps you increase customer engagement by offering three styles of rewards programs – loyalty points, referral programs, and VIP programs.
A recommendation from a friend is considered to be the best advertising. Right? Don’t you want your customers to spread a word about your store? Well, integrating Smile.io to your Shopify store may do the work.
- Loyalty point programs that nudge visitors to take actions like account creation, making purchases, leaving reviews, and more.
- Enticing referral programs to boost customer retention.
- VIP programs to increase customer engagement and grow revenue with upselling.
- Incentivization of reviews with points.
Free Trial: NO
- Free Plan: contains basic features.
- Starter Plan: $49/month
- Growth Plan: $199/month
- Pro Plan: $599/month
Pushowl is your go-to solution when email marketing and messenger marketing seem to not work for you. It lets you create and send timely automated notifications to your customers.
These push notifications are engaging and help you in increasing your sales by reminding your customers of price-drop, abandoned carts, items ‘back-in-stock’, and more.
- Automated cart abandonment protection via push notifications.
- Economical push notification campaigns as compared with FB targeting ads.
- Re-engaging visitors to your website.
- Automations such as discounts, back-in-stock updates, and more.
Free Trial: YES, up to 1000 impressions per month.
- Basic Plan: Forever FREE
- Business Plan: $19/month based on impressions.
- Enterprise Plan: Custom pricing
A conversion optimization tool that helps Shopify merchants capture leaving visitors by creating and launching personalized pop-ups.
Optimonk helps you turn ‘Lookers’ into ‘Leads’. It reduces cart abandonment rates and grows your sales with notification bars, sidebars, fullscreen, email pop-ups, and more.
- Easy-to-use drag and drop campaign editor.
- Messenger popups, email popups, cart abandonment popups, upselling popups to help you increase your sales.
- 200+ ready-to-use templates.
- Integration with Facebook messenger.
Free Trial: YES, a 14-days free trial is available.
- Free Plan, as the name implies is FREE (with limited features).
- Essential Plan: $29/month
- Growth Plan: $79/month
- Premium Plan: $199/month
- Master Plan: cost based on your requirements.
Do you want to recapture your lost sales? Klaviyo is one of the best Shopify apps that is specifically developed to offer you the most advanced email marketing experience.
According to a study, 40% of customers would buy more from retailers who offer personalized shopping experience. And Klaviyo is a brilliant marketing software that helps you personalize product recommendations and segment your email lists. So get your hands on this and start earning more.
- In-built drag-and-drop builder for creating personalized email campaigns.
- Integration of email lists with Facebook custom audiences.
- Helps you cut through the clutter by letting you segment your audience. To build deeper relationships with them.
- Post-sale engagement with personalized product recommendations for the customers.
Free Trial: YES, till 250 contacts and 500 email sends.
External charges may be applied. These are billed by an external provider and won’t appear on your Shopify invoice.
Shopify app Bundle Upsell allows you to create targeted and user-friendly upsells by tracking every entity of the customer’s cart.
This app helps you show your customers the items that they want to see, thereby, offering them a wonderful experience.
- 30-second setup time.
- Special BFCM (Black Friday Cyber Monday) pricing.
- Smart upsells by adapting to your customers’ shopping experience.
- User-friendly upsells
Free Trial: YES, a 7-day free trial is available.
$47/month but for the BFCM weekend, you can avail a lifetime discount of $27/month.
With Shoelace, you can deliver engaging Instagram and Facebook advertising and retargeting experiences to your customers.
It is a wonderful app to educate your customers about your brand and convince them to make a purchase. Get this app and scale your business.
- Personalized ad sequences to boost your conversion rates.
- Combines human expertise, automation, and insights of different digital marketing campaigns to help you deliver the best experience.
- Synchronizes your brand’s message by connecting with your emails, reviews, etc.
- Journeys – to combat ad fatigue and re-engage your visitors.
Free Trial: NO
- Integrations Plan: $79/month
- Starter Plan: $249/month
- Business Plan: $499/month
- Scale Plan: $2000/month
Prospecting Plans: $850/month
The Shopify app Yotpo reviews helps you build a positive online reputation. It does so by letting you collect site reviews, product reviews, ratings, and more, using an on-site widget. Some of the successful users of this app are MVMT, Rebecca Minkoff, Steve Madden.
Social proof of your products or services is necessary to influence the buying decision. With Yotpo, you can drive traffic, increase conversions, and accelerate your sales.
- Sets up with a single click.
- On-site widget to help you collect reviews, ratings, photos, etc. from your customers.
- Imports existing reviews and showcases them on your social media channels, or wherever you want to.
- Collects user-generated content (UGC) and uses it across various platforms.
Free Trial: YES, up to 50 orders (+200 for your first month)
Growth Plan: $19/month
The Shopify app developers created this email marketing solution to help E-commerce merchants drive increased sales. Overtime, Omnisend became a powerful omnichannel suite to help you integrate different channels for increasing your sales.
You can set up marketing automation and recover abandoned carts, retarget your customers, and build a better relationship with them.
- Multiple channel integration (email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, Google retargeting ads, push notifications, and more), in single automation workflow.
- Ultra-precise targeting with smart segmentation.
- Automatic product import; easy migration from Mailchimp.
- Campaign customization without HTML.
Free Trial: YES
- Free Plan (limited features)
- Standard Plan: $16/month
- Pro Plan: $99/month
- Enterprise Plan: custom pricing
This is one of the initial Shopify mobile apps that offer Amazon-like smart product recommendations.
It displays entirely customizable product recommendation sliders and helps you increase your average order value.
- Extremely easy installation process.
- Automatic product recommendations using AI.
- Powerful cross-sell.
- No struggles with UI and overall customization process.
Free Trial: YES, a 30=day free trial is available.
Available for $9.99/month.
Why Is It Important to Add a Shopify Apps Subscription to Your ECommerce Store?
Jason Pressman, MD, Shasta Ventures, wrote in Forbes magazine that while subscriptions offer convenience and affordability to customers, these offer flexibility, efficiency, and adaptability to the store owners.
- A big opportunity to target a specific niche.
- Subscriptions make it easier to calculate customer lifetime value.
- These minimize surplus inventory.
- These streamline shipping needs by timing all orders on the same date(s) and in the same packaging.
Some of the apps that you can use to manage subscriptions on your site are ReCharge Recurring Billing & Subscriptions, Recurring Orders, Recurring Memberships, Charge Rabbit, and more.
Explode Your Sales With the Best Shopify Apps!
So, these were the top 15 apps for Shopify stores that you can add to your ECommerce store right away. As soon as you get your hands on one or more of these apps, you will begin to observe improvements in your sales.
In a nutshell, these apps will help you market business, increase sales, provide excellent customer support, inventory management, and more. You can also read about the best shopify apps 2019 that helped store owners boost their sales in the previous year.
I hope the write-up was useful. Also, in the comments section below, let me know which Shopify apps are you using and what changes have you observed in your sales?